Container Gardening is all about creativity. We get to experiment with colors, textures, heights, etc. It’s fun without a huge investment or digging. Nearly everyone can succeed at planting in pots.
Here are a few tips to help you along:
- Make sure your container has a hole in the base to allow water to drain.
- If you are placing your container in a garden bed, raise it off the ground so water can drain out of your pottery. Use pot feet, stones or bricks to raise.
- Use a quality soil designed for containers. We exclusively use Fafard’s Ultimate Container Mix.
- You can’t go wrong following the Thriller, Filler, Spiller combination to create stunning planters.
- Give your plants consistent moisture so they are under less stress and will produce more flowers.
- Feed them regularly with a liquid fertilizer. We recommend Mill’s Easy Feed liquid fertilizer.
- Deadhead-removing spent blooms encourages more flowering